Data is the Lifeline for Your Business: Guard it Fiercely
The IT landscape has changed significantly in recent years. According to IDC research, the data growth rates now double every two years. Therefore, businesses need near-constant access to their data and any loss of data-access due to unplanned downtime or inability to recover data from the existing data protection methods can have a tremendous negative impact.
According to Gartner research, 40% of unplanned downtime can be attributed to application failures; another 40% to operation errors while 20% can be attributed to hardware, OS, security, power and natural disasters.
Common mishaps such as system glitches, server or drive failures, and human errors cause, at best, a few minutes of unplanned downtime or, at worst, a complete loss of data. When you add in the possibility of natural disasters like hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, fires and other adversities such as power outages and malicious attacks, the importance of protecting your company’s data increases multifold.
According to the Aberdeen Group, the average amount of downtime a company experiences annually is about 1.5 hours, and the average time needed to recover from a downtime event is 5.2 hours. Downtime that lasts for one hour can cost small companies as much as $8,581. Mid-size companies will lose around $215,638 and large enterprises over $686,250 for a single hour of downtime.
Avoid such financially crippling downtime. Implement the StorageCraft® Recovery Solution™ to protect and recover your mission-critical information.
StorageCraft ShadowProtect® SPX lets you rapidly and reliably back up, recover, and migrate your virtual and physical Windows and Linux systems with a single, cross-platform solution. Entrust your data to ShadowProtect SPX, the Best of VMworld 2016 Gold Award Winner in the Data Protection category.
StorageCraft ShadowProtect SPX – Key Features
- Backup your entire system – OS, applications, settings, and data
- Recover files and folders in seconds or entire systems in minutes
- Instantly boot backup images as VMs with StorageCraft VirtualBoot™ technology
- View and manage backup images directly from within the patented job timeline
- Recover to dissimilar hardware or virtual environments with StorageCraft Hardware Independent Restore™
- Support a broad range of hypervisor platforms, including VMware and Hyper-V
Although ensuring regular reliable backups of all your systems is essential, it is of little use if you are unable to restore from these backups, as could be the case in a site-wide failure. A purpose-built, self-service Disaster Recovery Cloud from StorageCraft offers total failover in the cloud and makes recovery of your entire infrastructure quick, seamless, and easy with no intervention from a third party. StorageCraft Cloud Services offer you additional peace of mind because they reside in high–security, fully compliant data centers. Additionally, your data never leaves North America.
StorageCraft Cloud Services – Key Features
- Failover to the StorageCraft Cloud in minutes with just one click
- Test failover periodically without disrupting production environment
- Restore data remotely in minutes
- Rely on 99.999 percent uptime
- Match your needs with flexible service levels
- Leverage self-service, via a one-stop portal with no third party dependence
- Budget confidently with predictable monthly billing, and no hidden fees
Your company’s data is your most valuable asset and without your data, you have no business. Having a tried-and-tested data protection strategy that includes a robust disaster recovery plan is an absolute must for companies of all sizes.