Sophos wrapped up 2019 with some amazing enhancements and updates to Cloud Optix, which by the way, is ALL included with your existing Cloud Optix license!
Here’s a few key highlights to take away…
Cloud Optix Management Enhancements
- Cloud Optix is now live on Sophos Central
Integrated into Sophos Central, access to Cloud Optix is seamless, with no separate sign up required. Read more here
- Sync and Scan on-demand
In addition to configurable scheduled security and compliance benchmark scans, your customers can now also initiate a sync at any time for a specific cloud environment.
- Shareable short URLs for search results and inventory pages
The ability to create a shareable short URL from any inventory or search results page is now available. Sharing this link with another user on the same account will enable the other user to see the same results.
- …and many more!
- IaC Scan API
Customers can now integrate Infrastructure-as-Code template scanning into their development processes and CICD pipelines, using Cloud Optix’ new REST API. In addition to existing Sophos integrations with GitHub and Bitbucket, the new API makes the Sophos innovative proactive template assessment capabilities available to customers using a range of tools and processes.
New Features for Cloud Provider Services
- High-risk AWS CloudTrail events (AI)
Cloud Optix now uses AI to profile activity and highlight events from AWS CloudTrail logs (via the Activity Logs inventory page) that are considered potentially risky. For example, when an IAM entity makes a type of change that it has never made before.
- Terraform 0.12 on-boarding for AWS accounts
AWS accounts can now be added to Cloud Optix using the latest version of Terraform (v0.12)
- Updated CIS Benchmark policy
The AWS CIS benchmark policy has been updated to v1.2, and v1.1 for Azure
- Splunk integration enhancement
Cloud Optix now sends additional information to Splunk via our integration. This includes the environment name for anomaly alert data, as well as the full alert json output.
What’s coming next?
Sophos has plenty to get excited about next quarter (spoiler alert!). Here are just a few examples of exciting new features up our sleeve:
- IAM topology visualization (easily view which users and roles have access to services and identify overprivileged users). Now in Preview.
- Support for Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS). Now in Preview.
- Security-focused Spend Monitoring and Alerting for AWS, Azure and GCP. Now in Preview.
- Add AWS accounts using CloudFormation, including multi-account on-boarding using StackSets
- …and more
For more information or the full article on Cloud Optix from Sophos, connect with our Brand Sales Specialist, Mark Freilich, today!