Data storage isn’t easy.
As data keeps growing, applications need more performance, and new hardware becomes more difficult to integrate. Typical storage environments have multiple devices from multiple manufacturers that are not able to communicate with one another, nor can be managed from the same place. They end up operating in silos with a decrease in performance, I/O processing lagging behind CPU and memory innovations, creating a severe I/O performance gap. The result is slow data access, I/O bottlenecks, and server sprawl. The usual solution has been to just add more expensive hardware to solve the problem… but it doesn’t have to be the answer anymore!
There is a solution out there!
Datacore software is a virtualization layer that sits in between your application servers and your existing storage hardware. DataCore founded software-defined storage and is now leading the parallel processing revolution and radically redefining the productivity of both the server and storage worlds. So now, all storage hardware can Coexist and work together by virtualizing your storage just like you did your servers, resulting in maximum application workload productivity.
- You can now pool all of your storage resources and eliminate wasted storage capacity.
- Seamlessly migrate data between unlike platforms to make planned downtime a thing of the past.
- Create tiers of storage and automatically migrate your data between performance tiers so your applications always get the performance they need.
- Synchronously mirror, fail over and fall back between unlike devices.
- Create active-active clusters between data centers, regardless of what type of hardware you have at either end.
- Run directly on your application servers to transform your direct-attached storage and flash cards into a full-featured Hyperconverged Virtual SAN.
- Manage all of your storage from a single console, making your life a whole lot easier.
- Add new hardware from any vendor you choose when it’s time to scale.
Learn more about how Architectural Nexus leveraged software-defined storage to support its innovative approach to architectural design. Read More